This is just a bit of fun, but there’s also a bit of seriousness in here to consider. How over the break up do you think you are ?
1. You have stopped competing with your ex.
2. Hearing what your ex is up to doesn’t make you cry or feel worthless or angry or anything really!
3. All those memories no longer hurt you or make you cry.
4. You’re no longer trying to prove to your ex (or to anyone else) that you’re “over it”.
5. You’ve stopped reading their horoscope (assuming the ex is of a different sign).
6. You don’t go to places just hoping to bump into your ex – or constantly scan restaurants, clubs, or gigs in hopes of seeing them.
7. You stop wishing you could hack into their email, and no longer feel the compulsion to stalk any of their online profiles (Facebook, blog, Flickr, Twitter or dating site).
8. Hearing a special song makes you feel nostalgic and not tearful or sad.
9. You no longer care what your ex thinks of you.
10. You stop wondering if your ex misses you.
11. You stop making excuses to get in touch.
12. You no longer drive by their home or work (or any other place you think they might be) in hopes of catching a glimpse.
13. You have actually arrived at the conclusion the break-up was “for the best”.
14. When something really good or bad happens, you automatically phone someone else to share it with (and happily realise your ex wasn’t the first person you wanted to share it with).
15. You’ve stopped counting the days and weeks since the break-up.
16. By taking your power back, you have started to go back to places you enjoyed going to, but have been avoiding, because they reminded you of your ex.
17. When you are on a date with someone new, you don’t keep telling stories about your ex; nor do you compare the new person with your ex.
18. When you dream about your ex, it doesn’t leave you depressed for the entire day.
19. You’ve stopped buying the foods your ex liked out of habit, and have started to buy the foods you like.
20. You no longer hold hope you ex will come back – nor would you consider re-uniting if he or she did.
There are of course are many more ways to tell if you’re “Over It” or not. How did you do on that list? In what way do think you will be a milestone that show you are finally over it? Let us know.