Welcome to soyouvebeendumped.com
Welcome to soyouvebeendumped.com (#SYBD). This is the longest-running website offering support and advice to men and women, of all ages, across the world, who are going through painful breakups or divorces. I’m Thea Newcomb, SYBD’s founder, and your guide to feeling better now.
To start feeling better now, please scan the sections below, to find support, various tips, to read real stories, and even post your own, if you would like to.
It is my hope this site will make you feel a bit better, and that it shows you that life can and will go on…It truly does. Trust me, if I can get over it, anyone can!
How Can I Help YOU?
Are you here: 1) because you have split up (or are on the verge of breaking up) with your partner, and are looking for some relationship help, support or advice? You may simply be here to view our list of real and funny breakup lines? If you genuinely need help, then start with the five steps highlighted below…or if you need to take advantage of my listening service, I can arrange a time to speak to you one-on-one (for a fee!)
STEP 1 > Watch SYBD’s ’12 Stages of a Breakup’ video!
For those who are feeling utterly heartbroken, hurt, confused, betrayed, and looking for some breakup advice and support, then you might consider starting with my video, “The 12 Stages of a Breakup” (and How to Survive them).
Yes, I know, it’s kind of long, but hopefully you will find it helpful…and that it makes you smile – even if just for a moment or two!
STEP 2 > Go through the “10 Tips to Get Over It” and the following posts:
- Do have a read of this supportive and practical article you might find helpful. It’s my Top 10 Tips to Get Over it (A Break up That is).
- The other one that might offer you some hope and inspiration, is actually My Own Break-Up Story. (Well one of the three that inspired this site). You’ll see I’ve been where you are now and I bounced back – even higher –eventually. You will too!
- Try these 7 Things to Remember After a Breakup too.
- One of the best places to join in on the conversions on SYBD is on the blog post about How, When and Where your relationship ended. If you recently split up and want to feel less alone, then this is the place for you.
- If you have been “ghosted” e.g. had an ex simply disappear on you – then please do share your “ghosting” stories here.
All Comments are Moderated!
Be sure to use a real address because I look closely at every post now. Also, while I can’t guarantee a personal response to every comment these days,
1) I do scan them all before approving them, and write when I can;
2) the act of writing out your story is cathartic; and
3) reading other people’s tales of woe will probably make you feel a whole lot better too.
4) I also do ask our #SYBD veterans to pop on and help newbies on here now and again too!
There is a lot more engagement on the blog than there ever was just now! So go write it out! You’ll feel better if you do.
You really are NOT alone in your pain – even though it might feel like it just now.
Step 4 > Peruse Other Articles & Blog Posts
On SYBD, you’ll realize that the end is really just the beginning. The site has been helping broken-hearted men and women going through breakups or divorces for almost fifteen years.
Because of our history, there have been hundreds of relationship articles and tips on how to “get over it” posted here over the years.
One of the most popular blog posts of late is: Have Something to Say to Your Ex? Say it Here, Now.
It’s for those unresolved things you wish to say to him or her. Tell them how you feel right now – the good, the bad, even the ugly!
You may find comfort in reading, not only the blog itself, but also the 2000+ comments (and counting) we’ve received on here. Though my personal reply time can vary, our content is still there to help (24/7), even if I, personally, am not.
Step 5 > Reach Out Here – or on Social
A recent “fun post” asks “If you could dump your ex, what reason would you give?”
By the way, if you find SYBD’s content here has helped you, in any way, then please make a donation of any amount by clicking the button below:
Keep the Faith
Finally, as you can see, I have been at this a long time, and I truly have come to believe that all breakups work out for the “highest good of all concerned,…eventually”.
If you’re in pain, and can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel, trust me, you really will get through this. [Well, if you want to, that is… It’s an inside job!]
Founder of So You’ve Been Dumped
Also a Blue Status, Younique Independent Presenter and Sponsor
Get breakup makeup for yourself (Younique Foundation, lip sticks and stains and more)
Or start sell it, receive discounts and commissions here when you #jointheAteam